Jan 28, 2015 | 0 2356
Sep 16, 2015 | 0 3792
So, you’ve decided to switch from a desktop to a handheld vaporizer. The problem is that you’re not quite sure which particular brand and model to choose. What are the best portable vaporizers? What features does a vape need to have for it to be deemed among the best? Read on for the answers.
With the growing popularity of handheld vaporizers, it is understandable for you to want to make the switch. And with the expense involved, it’s also understandable for you to want to make sure you get only the best of its kind.
In order to determine which portable vaporizer can best meet your needs and preferences, it pays for you to know what you should be looking for when shopping for one. Here are the most important features you’d do well to note:
1. Chamber Size – Although portable vapes generally have bigger chamber than those of pen vaporizers, the size of chamber still varies from one brand/model to the next. Bigger chambers are generally better options because they allow for more flexibility in terms of the amount of material you consume. If you plan to have a long vaping session, you may fill the chamber to the brim. If you only need a quick fix, you may place a small amount of material in the chamber and then place a glass flower in the remaining space; this serves both to fill in the space and aid in heating the material evenly.
2. Draw Duration – The length of time needed to effectively get a sufficient amount of vapor from the device, while important, is often overlooked. On average, it takes 10 to 15 seconds for you to draw enough vapor from a portable vape and get optimum performance. As a general rule, the shorter the draw duration required, the better the device is.
3. Temperature Control – There’s usually an ideal temperature for vaporizing herbs and oils. For medical marijuana, for example, the ideal temperature is somewhere between 356 and 392 degrees Fahrenheit. When you shop for a portable vaporizer, it’s best to go for one that allows you to control the temperature. Furthermore, you’d do well to go for a model that features digital temperature control, as that allows for more precise temperature settings.
4. Durability – Of course you’d want to get the most out of your vaporizer! Who wouldn’t? Even if it is just a small purchase, it is still an investment and you are still spending your hard-earned money on it. So you’ll want to make sure the model you choose is one that’ll last a long time. When shopping, it can be useful to take a vaporizer in your hand and observe how it feels in your grip. The best portable vaporizers feel solid and look like they can handle more than a few bumps and thumps.
5. Size and Weight – When people choose to go for portable devices, they usually just don’t look for something they can carry around in a backpack or sling bag. “The smaller, the better” is a good adage to remember when shopping for a handheld vape. After all, portability is one of the major things you’re after, isn’t it? So you’ll most likely want to buy something you could easily carry around in your pocket. This means the device you choose shouldn’t just be small; it should also be lightweight.
When you go out shopping for a vaporizer, remember that you almost always get what you pay for. Models can range in price from $50 to $600, and the cheaper ones tend to be of lower quality. There are, of course, a few exceptions to this rule, but you may have to go through a trial-and-error phase to find those exceptions. Or perhaps you could just ask family and friends who’ve been vaping for some time. If you want to keep it safe, go for vaporizers with a price tag within the middle of the range.
Another thing you should be wary of are knock-offs or imitations. Just as with practically any consumer product on the market these days, there are companies that have made it a habit to make imitations of the most popular vape brands and models. Make sure you know how to differentiate the real thing from a knock-off, as knock-offs are generally created using materials of inferior quality. If a vaporizer carrying a popular brand is being sold at an unbelievably low price, beware. You are most probably being offered a clever copy. It would be best to look elsewhere.
If you’ve been using a desktop vaporizer all this time, be warned that a portable model will never be able to give you the same quality of vapor your desktop vape offers. This isn’t to say that vapor quality is poor in handheld models, of course. In fact, the best portable vaporizers can give you some very flavorful vapors; they just can’t quite measure up to the quality of vapor you get from the best desktop versions. This means that the density, strength, taste, and volume of vapor will always be higher with desktop vapes than with their handheld counterparts.
Note as well that no matter how good your handheld vape is, if the material you place in it is of poor quality, you’re still bound to get poor results. As a general rule, portable vaporizers work best when you fill it with material that’s dry and finely ground. Even the smallest amount of moisture left in your material can negatively affect the vapor production process and consequently the quality of vapor you get. Furthermore, grinding the material to the finest consistency allows the heat from the device to hit as much of the material as possible, thereby producing top-quality vapor.
There can indeed be an overwhelming number of options where handheld vaporizers are concerned. But if you know what to look for, the choice becomes a lot easier. Remember, there isn’t really a specific model that can be deemed the best for everyone. The key is in looking for the vape that best suits your needs.